The Vintage waved bob is one of my most favourite looks of all times… it looks amazing for a wedding or a special occasion, and can be dressed down without accessories for day-to-day. This classic retro hairstyle look is romantic, elegant, and oozes femininity. Hollywood beauty legends Veronica Lake, Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, and Wanda Hendrix all sported this amazing look effortlessly. It’s even adopted by current Hollywood stars like Dita Von Teese, Charlize Theron and Drew Barrymore.
The side parting paired with short elegant face-framing curled vintage hair is extremely flattering and can be styled to suit various face shapes and hair textures.
Tools needed: fat barrelled wand, comb,, soft bristle brush, hair band, hair grips, hair pins, heat protector spray and hairspray.
Hair length required; shoulder length hair.
- On clean blow dried hair, spray a good heat protector spray evenly throughout to protect the hair from the heat of wand.
- Create a deep side parting best suited to your face shape.
- Starting from the nape of the neck take large sections of hair and wrap around the curling wand, keeping the wand vertical as you go. Top Tip: Make sure you pin the curls in place with sectioning clips and allow to cool, this will create a stronger and lasting curl.
- Once all the hair is curled and cooled, remove pins then gently brush hair through to create a soft wave.
- Secure a band towards the end of your hair. Now tuck the band up and under your hair at the nape of your neck and secure with hair grips or pins to create a faux curly bob.
- Smooth out the crown area of your hair and then gently tease out hair at the mid lengths of hairstyle to create fullness around the back and behind the ears.
- Tuck one side of hair behind the ear then spray with hair spray to secure in place.
- Try adorning your hair with a pretty slide for that extra special vintage dazzle!