I was asked a couple of questions by the London Hairdressing Academy about Bridal Hair… Check out their article… HERE
It was pretty obvious that Cody would go all of the way to the finals on the BBC’s talent show, The Voice… she has a fab singing voice and a unique style, not to mention a connection with her mentor Boy George.
All of this aside, for me, I just want to get my hands on that girl’s hair… And the style I would do is my style of the moment… my iconic, show-stopping mohawk… I would adapt it for her, as the style is super versatile.
It would be fab to either have a striking black mohawk, complimenting the young singer’s trademark rainbow fringe, or I would maybe flip it up a little with a multi-coloured mohawk, with a block colour fringe. Although she would also look great with a blonde Gladiator Queen Mohawk… the possibilities are endless, and I’d create the hairstyle with the help of Balmain extensions.
… But what will Boy George’s team of stylists do this week with Cody’s hairstyle? I’m pretty excited to see, and of course to hear her sing too!
Find out more from Cody on Twitter @codyfrostmusic.
Here is a reminder of her blind audience…
It is one of my favourite creations… The Vicki Lord Mohawk, and it looks fabulous on Jocelyn Brown…
Loved doing this shoot…
Make-up Artist: sianduke.com
Speedy Tips for Busy Mums – hair advice featured in InsideKent Magazine: You can read it in their online issues.
I had an interview this month with Inside Kent, about my multi-award winning year… Thanks
I love these brands always… but here are the reasons I use Balmain, Wahl and Batiste…
- Wahl are a great brand, with years of experience and a fabulous team of people ensuring that the services and products they offer are at a high standard. They fabulous for male grooming.
- Balmain are a brand I have worked with for years, and so of course they make my love list… One of my fav pieces is the Complete extension 60cm, because it gives be so much hair to work with, and the mixture of colours available mean I literally can match any hair to it… #hairheaven #hairobsessed.
- Batsiste is a fabulous dry shampoo… it is not the first time I’ve raved about this, but I can go through so much working with bridal up-dos, and red carpet clients… so that I can create added shine and volume.
Happy Valentine’s Day this month to these lovely, brilliant brands.
Okay, so you sussed me out – I pretty much love every hairstyle in some way or another…
Here are my favs for the month of love February:
- The sleek bob – which I regularly have – it is sophisticated, effortlessly gorgeous. Uma Thurman does the bob perfectly.
- The natural looking wave – particularly in long hair, because long hair can drag your face down, but a subtle wave adds texture, a little volume and can frame facial features. Kim Kardashian does this well, as does Jennifer Aniston.
- The Marcel wave – is so glam, and gorgeous. I have styled this look on many brides and celebrities, and it has featured in my academy, teaching other hairdressers the style, plus I’ve done tutorials on this style in a number of magazines. I loved styling the Marcel wave on my client and friend Shona McGarty.
I have had an amazing year of ups and downs… and everything has led to much learning, teaching and of course lots of hair.
My highlights have been winning best bridal hairdresser for The Kent Wedding Awards for the third year running and after being a finalist for The Nationals in 2014, I knew it was a tough one to achieve, but I am thrilled that in 2015 I won best bridal hairstylist for Kent and the South East.
As far as 2016 goes, I have a few VIP weddings lined up, plus lots of lovely brides booked in, some shoots and some exciting collaborations… so
hair’s here’s to a fabulous New Year to everyone out there.
The Gorgeous cover for Your Kent Wedding is from a shoot I did recently with the following fab team:
Model: Megan Hayward
Photographer: Darren Brade http://www.darrenbrade.com
Hair: Vicki Lord using Balmain http://www.vickilordbridalhair.co.uk and https://www.balmainhair.com
Makeup: Nicola Peen http://www.weddingmakeupbynicola.co.uk
Accessory: Gillian Million http://www.gillianmillion.com
Happy Christmas ALL…