I was asked a couple of questions by the London Hairdressing Academy about Bridal Hair… Check out their article… HERE
Modern brides are really loving the flower look these days… And we are talking fresh flowers… so here are the best flowers that I’ve worked with on bridal looks…
1)Orchids (my personal favourite),
5) wax flower,
6) spray roses,
7) baby’s breath,
TOP TIP: The Bride’s florist must choose flowers that are in full bloom, so the petals are fully open. Otherwise if the flower is still in a bud shape, it will look very awkward and protrude out of the hairstyle! It’s important to have the loose flowers on a wired stem to make it easier to secure into the hairstyle.
I just had to share images of one of my recent beautiful brides… How much do you love the hair?! Thought so – me too… If you are a bride-to-be – Do you see yourself wearing your hair like this? Don’t worry if your hair is shorter – you may have time to grow it – also I always carry enough Balmain extensions.
This is so elegant and regal from the back, and the front is a little bit boho, with the braid detail and so this style is perfect for young, modern brides.
Check out more of my bridal styles on: VickiLordBridalHair.co.uk
There are lots of aspects of your wedding to consider when planning, including what type of music you are going to choose – will you go for a band? A DJ? Karaoke? Or why not a wedding singer? Maybe you can decide by watching Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in the romantic comedy set in the eighties called The Wedding Singer – you may have seen it, but it is a fun one to watch on a girls’ night in – so get your bridesmaids over and be inspired…
Now, I’m all about hair, as you know, so when I watch any movie or TV, I am still always looking at the hair and thinking about the hair… and this particular movie made me think of the style above. It is perfect for anyone who still loves the eighties vibe, the attire and the hair and makeup – but it is not overkill, because going for any retro look, particularly eighties, it has to be done the right way – with subtly or it can look dated… This rocky retro up-do is slightly Madonna-circa-nineteen-eighties edge; it shows off the elegant neck and shoulders area if worn with a strapless dress, and paired with a bit of lace and diamante, the look is perfected. I’d recommend makeup that is in-keeping with the look, but again don’t go over the top – maybe add a bit of sheen, high cheek bones, glitter, or colour. This is a great style for anybody who loved the eighties the first time round, or loves the injection of eighties styles in the noughties… it adds a funky edge to the bride and is perfect if you have a groovy reception planned.
I love working with the wedding publications and websites – sharing more of my experiences and knowledge, so that more and more brides can make their special day even more magical.
I’ve had another article published on the fabulous Dotty Vintage Wedding website: check it out by clicking here.
And if you would like to view more of my vintage bridal looks, head to my bridal site.
Lots of updates in my world… here they are:
- Bought my dress for The Kent Wedding Awards – as you may or may not be aware I won last year – and I would be honoured to win again… and honoured actually just to be there again.
- I have been nominated for The National Wedding Industry Awards… so if I did you hair in 2014 please vote for me! HERE!
- The Vicki Lord team has expanded for my bridal services and so my web designer is in the process of updating my bridal site – so keep checking it out: VickiLordBridalHair.co.uk
- Had the loveliest testimonials recently including from Balmain.
- I have been working with a makeup artist on a fantastic education project… so keep your eyes peeled for more on that.
- My studio is up and running – find out more here.
- Chewton Glen in Bournemouth want me on their extended team… which is great, because they are highly acclaimed: The Best UK Hotel Condé Nast Traveller Awards
Most Romantic Hotel in the UK – Conde Naste Johnsen’s
- Lots more to share so please follow by blog, or me on Twitter, or one of my Facebook pages: Session or Bridal.
Chat soon! Vicki x