Not only am I your Hairy Godmother, but I am also a real mother of two gorgeous girls, and up until recently I had my lovely Nana around (she sadly passed away on my birthday in January of this year), and so there was four generations of us… My mother always experiments with her hair, and I love the fact that I get to play with my daughters’ hair – they are like my own little dolls to practice on. I wanted to post this up for Mother’s Day last month… but I was super busy sorting my academy, and doing shoots and brides, but I think Mum’s should be celebrated every day!!!
It is important that all mums feel special, and well, you may have heard me say it, or you may have read me write it (you know what I mean), a million times (maybe not that many), but if your hair looks good then you feel great! It is one of the secrets of the universe… It may seem surface, but try it – it’s like magic. Being a busy working mum, it is not always easy to keep your hair looking like you have just stepped out of a salon, but here is a look that any mum can achieve super quick each morning before the school run or a day of grocery shopping… so give it a go… But make sure you also treat yourself to a pamper and re-style in a salon every so often – because you are worth it!
So the easiest most effective do for busy mums would have to be the pony with a quiff! This is a practical hairstyle that can be done so quickly and has instant impact! It’s great to be able to tie your hair up whilst you’re running about being super mum!!
- Section a triangle section from your temple area and take it back about 2-3 inches towards the crown area.
- Isolate this hair away from the back of hair.
- Secure the rest of the hair back into a ponytail at the back of head towards your crown area.
- Gently back brush the triangle section at the front to create the quiff, use dry shampoo at root area to help create height and texture whilst back brushing, smooth the top layer of quiff tail using the back brush.
- Dress the quiff back towards the base of the ponytail creating as much height as you’d like and then secure with grips.
- Now with the ponytail down take a small section of the ponytail from underneath and wrap around to disguise grips and band.
- Secure with grips underneath base of ponytail.
- Spray with hairspray to secure in place.
Tip: For an extra sparkle try curling the ponytail! Or if your hair is not quite long enough try adding a clip-in pointy tail… Balmain have a great range!
Love from your Hairy God Mother x
Soft bridle brush, hair band and grips
Dry shampoo Batiste, hairspray Elnett loreal