Get Nicole Kidman’s graceful twisted side ponytail from Grace of Monaco premiere in Cannes.
This week Nicole Kidman has been the brunt of some critical comments on her movie – and well, I guess that is the world of show biz and Hollywood – which she was also reported this week on saying that she would quit for her husband!
I’m no film critic though, and Nicole has always been my favorite copperhead. I could NEVER imagine her being any other colour!
I’m loving the twisted side pony, she wore at Grace of Monaco – Such a simple but elegant look.
Whether you’re going out for a meal and need a simple quick up-do or you are being a bridesmaid and want to look stunning but not out do the bride of course, then this look is perfect!
How to create this style:
What you will need… soft bristle brush, large barrelled tong or large rollers, hair band, hair pins, sectioning clips.
Products: mousse and hairspray.
1) Prep damp hair with a volumizing mouse try bumble and bumbles full form mousse from roots to ends and dry with hair dryer tipping your head upside down starting with root are to dry hair.
2) Once hair is dry, either roll hair in rollers and leave for and hour or so, but if you can’t wait that long use a large barrel tong and clip each curl as you curl the hair. Allow to cool.
3) Remove clips or rollers and back-comb the root area with your soft bristle brush to create as much volume height as you like.
4) Smooth hair with a soft bristle brush, section off the front area that you would like to create the twist at the side and isolate this area away from the hair that is to go into the pony tail.
5) Bring the rest of the hair round to the opposite side and secure into a ponytail just behind the ear.
6) Now twist the isolated hair and bring round the back if the head and pin into the base of the pony tail with the remainder of the twisted hair, wrap it round the base of the ponytail to disguise the hair band. (If you do not have enough of the twisted hair to go around the base of the pony tail, take a section of hair from the ponytail and wrap this hair around to disguise the hair band.
TOP TIP: If your pony tail is not long enough try adding a hairpiece pony tail clip in for that extra length. Balmain have a great one: The Toulouse Monaco create a gorgeous and voluminous ponytail!