I had an interview this month with Inside Kent, about my multi-award winning year… Thanks
I am so honoured to have won this prestigious award for the third year running… And I want to thank everybody that supported me. I had the best evening at the ceremony and was truly overwhelmed to receive the award for the best bridal hairdresser in Kent… Again! There was some great competition, and this makes it even more of an honour. Thanks again to all of my brides too that enable me to do the job I love day in day out.
As a bridal hairstylist I spend hours prior to the day of the wedding discussing the bride’s perfect look, trialing out a few options, as well as ordering the necessary accessories and hairpieces… And then it is all about ensuring the bride is happy on the actual wedding day, and it is always a pleasure to arrive at a venue that offers everything I need to make my job easier… The Old Kent Barn is stunning and quaint, and offers a specially design room for the bride to get ready in. This is a lovely environment and almost feels like the set of a movie – with a dressing table, plenty of electrical sockets, and seating. There is also plenty of tea and coffee for everybody, including my favourite, Earl Grey. The staff members are so obliging, not just to the bride herself, but also to the bridal party, and to the suppliers too… So if I need extra lighting, or to have access to the room early to set-up, or any other assistance, somebody is on-hand… Even after I have done my job of creating the bridal hairstyle, I can pack up and a member of staff is on-hand to help carry my heavy equipment to my car. And it is very cool that they have walkie-talkies just to ensure they can communicate with everybody including with me… All of this makes working at this venue a pleasure.
Yeah… super excited! I am through to the finals of The Kent Wedding Awards! I remember how I felt this time last year when I made it through as a finalist… and then I went on to win. So here’s hoping I get the award again in 2014, for category of bridal hair… I’ll keep you posted!!! And in the meantime please wish me luck! Thanks you, Vicki x
Lots of updates in my world… here they are:
- Bought my dress for The Kent Wedding Awards – as you may or may not be aware I won last year – and I would be honoured to win again… and honoured actually just to be there again.
- I have been nominated for The National Wedding Industry Awards… so if I did you hair in 2014 please vote for me! HERE!
- The Vicki Lord team has expanded for my bridal services and so my web designer is in the process of updating my bridal site – so keep checking it out: VickiLordBridalHair.co.uk
- Had the loveliest testimonials recently including from Balmain.
- I have been working with a makeup artist on a fantastic education project… so keep your eyes peeled for more on that.
- My studio is up and running – find out more here.
- Chewton Glen in Bournemouth want me on their extended team… which is great, because they are highly acclaimed: The Best UK Hotel Condé Nast Traveller Awards
Most Romantic Hotel in the UK – Conde Naste Johnsen’s
- Lots more to share so please follow by blog, or me on Twitter, or one of my Facebook pages: Session or Bridal.
Chat soon! Vicki x