AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND!
I’ve been an avid GHD hair straightner fan for years, nothing has compared… until recently, after I was introduced by a friend, and fabulous fellow session stylist, Natalie Shirlaw, to YOGI.
Natalie and I chatted away whilst I restyled her hair into a gorgeous new long bob, part way through our conversations, she mentioned Yogi hair straighteners, asking me if I’d ever used them before.
As already mentioned, that I, Vicki Lord, am a self-admitted stubborn and loyal GHD fan, and so my natural reply was, “Nat, my darling, nothing can compete with my GHDs!”
With a little encouragement from Natalie, I betrayed my GHDs, (she’s a persuasive lady), and used her Yogi’s on her hair to finish her look… and to my suprise I LOVED THEM!
You may well be thinking, what’s so great about these straighteners that would make you stray so easily and cheat on your GHDs after years of love and loyalty!?
I’m glad you asked…
- They were light-weight, so first tick in the box.
- They rapidly heated up.
- They are extremely easy to use.
- They instantly smoothed leaving the hair with extreme shine.
- Variable heat control from 60- 210 degrees (this is very handy whilst working with extensions, and sorry to say that it is something that GHD does not have! So extra brownie points from me there, as anybody who knows me or has worked with me would be aware that I’m rather partial to using many delicate hairpieces in my creations 🙂
- They have an extra long lead with a swivel cable, which is very handy. As a session stylist I’ve been known to create hair ‘art’ in many a strange place where the plug socket is miles away.
- They have ionic technology.
Oh and let’s not forget all the funky colours you get them in, so they are easy to find amongst your black, black and more black heating appliances in your kit!!! And they look fabulous sweety!
So I’m sorry for being blinkered Yogi, and sorry for being fickle GHD… but I’m now a big YOGI fan – it’s an amazing tool… and thank you to Natalie for introducing it to me, I guess a fellow hair stylist would know exactly what would make me tick.