Here is the hair I created for Shona McGarty, who plays Whitney Dean in BBC1’s Eastenders, for the British Soap Awards 2012. This hairstyle works best with long hair, but if you do not have long hair you can still achieve this look by using a ponytail hairpiece to create the bun. To give Shona’s long hair that extra wow-factor I used a hairpiece as well. Denman website liked the up-do, I did for Shona, and briefly explain how you can simply create the same look… here is how I did it:
How to rock the look!
You will need:
Heat defence spray, a decent hair spray, a soft bristle brush, a strong snag-free hair band, straightners, hairgrips and fine hairpins.
1) Make sure hair is pre-washed the night before leaving your hair more pliable and less slippery.
2) Apply a good heat defence spray all over your hair protecting your luscious locks from the heat appliances.
3) Straighten hair section-by-section, starting from the nape of your neck upwards, giving the hair a nice polished look.
… backcomb the ponytail
4) Create a ponytail at the crown of your head. For best results tip your head upside-down and then brush into a tight sleek ponytail tying with a strong snag-free hair band.
5) If using a hairpiece, secure at the base of the ponytail.
6) Wrap the ponytail around and around in a clockwise direction gripping the hair to secure in place as you go along.
7) Use the fine pins in more visual areas like at the front of bun to give more security.
8) Spray with a good hairspray to secure the look, and voila one sexy show-stopping bun.
Hot Tip: To add a rock chick edge to the bun-style, backcomb the ponytail before you wrap it around.
For more images head to VickiLord.co.uk