I was asked a couple of questions by the London Hairdressing Academy about Bridal Hair… Check out their article… HERE
It was pretty obvious that Cody would go all of the way to the finals on the BBC’s talent show, The Voice… she has a fab singing voice and a unique style, not to mention a connection with her mentor Boy George.
All of this aside, for me, I just want to get my hands on that girl’s hair… And the style I would do is my style of the moment… my iconic, show-stopping mohawk… I would adapt it for her, as the style is super versatile.
It would be fab to either have a striking black mohawk, complimenting the young singer’s trademark rainbow fringe, or I would maybe flip it up a little with a multi-coloured mohawk, with a block colour fringe. Although she would also look great with a blonde Gladiator Queen Mohawk… the possibilities are endless, and I’d create the hairstyle with the help of Balmain extensions.
… But what will Boy George’s team of stylists do this week with Cody’s hairstyle? I’m pretty excited to see, and of course to hear her sing too!
Find out more from Cody on Twitter @codyfrostmusic.
Here is a reminder of her blind audience…
It is one of my favourite creations… The Vicki Lord Mohawk, and it looks fabulous on Jocelyn Brown…
Loved doing this shoot…
Make-up Artist: sianduke.com
I was asked to go on the Chrissy B Show again… to talk about hair of course… but hair in a way that can help people after a break-up.
Jeanette has suffered some difficult times, and is a survivor of Cancer… she is a wonderful women, and she shares her story after we do the make-up reveal.
There was a time when Jeanette had to wear wigs dud to her chemotherapy and we talk a little more about that too…
Chemo targets cancer cells, and healthy cells… and it also destroys hair cells. Within a few weeks of having chemo hair can occur – in patches or completely. The extent of hair loss depends on your treatment.
It is no surprise that when people lose hair that they can be shocked, or depressed… and this can worsen recover. It is a time when a lot of family and friend, as well as professional support is needed. Here are so tips for this sensitive time:
- Many ladies will want to cover their baldness by wearing a turban, scarf, or wig. There are so many fantastic wigs out there to try, some are synthetic, which are very light to wear or there are more natural looking human hair wigs.
- Try on different styles and lengths of wigs to see which one feels comfortable.
- Opt for a slightly lighter colour wig than natural hair colour as the treatment may make skin tone a little paler.
- Ask a hairstylist for advice and whether they would be able to cut and shape the wig. Cutting wigs is an art in itself as one snip wrong then the whole wig is ruined! And that’s an expensive mistake to make!
- Hair normally starts to grow back after Chemo within a few months, but with very fluffy hair for the first week or two then it will start to grow back at its normal rate. The new hair may differ from before, some hair will grow back, curly, thinner, or even thicker. I’ve had some clients come back to me after treatment and their hair is a completely different colour too.
Jeanettes hair has grown back beautiful and shiny, but is a little finer than before. Jeanette has a round face shape and I wanted to create lots of volume and height at the crown to lengthen and flatter her face shape.
Another feature from my multi-award winning stint – thank you!
Speedy Tips for Busy Mums – hair advice featured in InsideKent Magazine: You can read it in their online issues.
Listen… Good, I have your attention. Fab hair is needed all the time – not just after a break-up… But here are three reasons why having a restyle can make you feel better when you are nursing a broken heart or fractured ego:
- If you look good, you feel good – it may seem shallow – but true! And sometimes you need to re-find yourself after a break-up. re-connect with yourself and your own identity, not that of one half of a pair.
- Going to the hairdresser can make you feel relaxed and the hairdresser chat, we are so commonly known for, can make you feel as though you have a friend… and that you are not alone. The hair washing and styling is so relaxing, and this can be stress relieving.
- Beware not to do anything drastic with your hair – as going for the chop maybe something you regret – so watch me on the Chrissy B show to see what alternatives there are, so you don’t regret your impulsive hair choices.
I had an interview this month with Inside Kent, about my multi-award winning year… Thanks
I love these brands always… but here are the reasons I use Balmain, Wahl and Batiste…
- Wahl are a great brand, with years of experience and a fabulous team of people ensuring that the services and products they offer are at a high standard. They fabulous for male grooming.
- Balmain are a brand I have worked with for years, and so of course they make my love list… One of my fav pieces is the Complete extension 60cm, because it gives be so much hair to work with, and the mixture of colours available mean I literally can match any hair to it… #hairheaven #hairobsessed.
- Batsiste is a fabulous dry shampoo… it is not the first time I’ve raved about this, but I can go through so much working with bridal up-dos, and red carpet clients… so that I can create added shine and volume.
Happy Valentine’s Day this month to these lovely, brilliant brands.