Listen… Good, I have your attention. Fab hair is needed all the time – not just after a break-up… But here are three reasons why having a restyle can make you feel better when you are nursing a broken heart or fractured ego:
- If you look good, you feel good – it may seem shallow – but true! And sometimes you need to re-find yourself after a break-up. re-connect with yourself and your own identity, not that of one half of a pair.
- Going to the hairdresser can make you feel relaxed and the hairdresser chat, we are so commonly known for, can make you feel as though you have a friend… and that you are not alone. The hair washing and styling is so relaxing, and this can be stress relieving.
- Beware not to do anything drastic with your hair – as going for the chop maybe something you regret – so watch me on the Chrissy B show to see what alternatives there are, so you don’t regret your impulsive hair choices.
I had an interview this month with Inside Kent, about my multi-award winning year… Thanks
I love these brands always… but here are the reasons I use Balmain, Wahl and Batiste…
- Wahl are a great brand, with years of experience and a fabulous team of people ensuring that the services and products they offer are at a high standard. They fabulous for male grooming.
- Balmain are a brand I have worked with for years, and so of course they make my love list… One of my fav pieces is the Complete extension 60cm, because it gives be so much hair to work with, and the mixture of colours available mean I literally can match any hair to it… #hairheaven #hairobsessed.
- Batsiste is a fabulous dry shampoo… it is not the first time I’ve raved about this, but I can go through so much working with bridal up-dos, and red carpet clients… so that I can create added shine and volume.
Happy Valentine’s Day this month to these lovely, brilliant brands.
Okay, so you sussed me out – I pretty much love every hairstyle in some way or another…
Here are my favs for the month of love February:
- The sleek bob – which I regularly have – it is sophisticated, effortlessly gorgeous. Uma Thurman does the bob perfectly.
- The natural looking wave – particularly in long hair, because long hair can drag your face down, but a subtle wave adds texture, a little volume and can frame facial features. Kim Kardashian does this well, as does Jennifer Aniston.
- The Marcel wave – is so glam, and gorgeous. I have styled this look on many brides and celebrities, and it has featured in my academy, teaching other hairdressers the style, plus I’ve done tutorials on this style in a number of magazines. I loved styling the Marcel wave on my client and friend Shona McGarty.