Not everybody celebrates Chinese New Year… I don’t really, but I have seen a lot of posts on social media since last week and thought I’d jump on the horse too… or the Goat in this case… as it is the year of the Goat/Sheep/Ram… Bah Bah… that was my impression of a sheep – good eh? Anyway here are some nice hair ideas for Chinese New Year…
- Put a simple bun in your hair, and cross a pair of chopsticks through it to add an oriental touch to your look. It is also a great way of holding the bun in place. Wear it with a simple line of black kohl under your eyes or a little bit of red lippy. Keep it subtle though, you don’t want to go over the top geisha girl. Also choose pretty chopsticks not the plain brown or wooden ones you eat your sushi with ( yes, I know sushi is Japanese! but you know what I mean). I quite love the red Star Wars chopsticks available at Amazon. May the force be with you!
- Oriental hair is great to work with, often very straight and very shiny, so to achieve this look, use a good shampoo and conditioner for your hair type, apply protective heat spray, and use a good straightener like GHD or Yogi all over, and give your hair a sleek finish with a shine serum.
- Red is a lucky colour at Chinese New Year, so you may want to head to your salon for some highlights, lowlights or a full crimson look for extra luck!
- Considering it is still chilly weather, you could go with the whole year of the Sheep thing, and wear a really cute woolly hat… They have a great selection at HatsandCaps.co..uk . Wear your hair loose beneath the hat, to create a feminine look, or with a side braid like the Disney characters in Frozen.
- Chinese New Year traditionally is a time to get rid of the old and bring in the new… so any fun, funky hair style you have always fancied having – now is the time to try it.