I am a mum! And I know how as soon as my daughters are back to school that I have to factor in a million more tasks each morning… I am talking getting them ready as well as myself… They both take after me, they want to look nice, they need their hair done too. And as a session hair stylist, I really can’t afford to have a bad hair day! As a mum, you may be thinking that you do not have time to do your hair each morning, that it isn’t the most important thing of the day… and it probably isn’t! But it does make you feel ready for anything, and great about yourself if you’ve had your hair done right? So here are some tips for mums doing their hair each morning:
- Get up before the kids: I know it is hard… Sometimes I don’t get home from a shoot or job until really later and so sleep is on the top of my list – but if you get up just before the kids in the morning you will have a good twenty – forty minutes to make yourself feel good… grab a shower, do a natural make-up application, then style your hair. If you need more time each morning, either avoid doing lunches altogether by paying for school dinners, or pack the kids lunches the night before, and pop them in the fridge ready for the morning.
- Get a good style and cut: Your hair type will depend on how easy it is to restyle each morning – so when you go to your stylist or hairdresser – make sure you tell them that you need something that you can either wash and go with, or style super easily… but do not compromise on the image that you are after!
- Easy ups: If you do not have time to wash your hair, scoop it up in a ponytail, side bun, or top knot and add a nice hair accessory. I would actually advise against a hat, because it is sod’s law that your will have to go in the classroom, or something that will involve taking it off and revealing your messy mop.
- Loose and sleek: It is pretty easy to wash, dry and brush your hair at night, and run the straightening irons over it in the morning. Make sure you add some protective heat spray too.
- Braid it: Braids are always a winner, as you can feasible do them really tight an neatly the day before and then wear them for a day or two, depending on your hair type… It means you get another day of your hair being wavy – just add a little shine spray or holding spray to keep the waves looking pretty all day.
You may not have heaps of time each morning, but you can still give the impression that you have made more than a little effort to have gorgeous hair!